Want to join our amazing team? We are searching for a part-time accountant! See the job description below.
To apply, submit a cover letter and résumé to Pastor Lindsay Conrad at email@example.com.
CHURCH ACCOUNTANT POSITION DESCRIPTION
PURPOSE: To provide financial services to church members and church staff.
ACCOUNTIBILITY: To the Pastor as Head of Staff and to the Personnel Committee/Session through the Budget and Finance Committee.
- Obtain and record pledges made during the annual stewardship drive.
- Prepare quarterly donation statements
- Enter weekly contributions to appropriate funds as assigned, and deposit monies weekly. (Profinium Bank)
- Enter all invoices submitted for payment, cut checks, and for checks exceeding $500.00 alert for signature from treasurer or designated persons from session/budget committee, and prepare for mailing.
- Balance checking account for Checking/Savings/CD and include a register in monthly reports to budget committee. Balance ICON to PWC at least semi-annually.
- Prepare monthly reports for all committees.
- Attend monthly budget meetings.
- Process payroll every other week. Process quarterly/year end payroll reports. Complete W-2s and 1099’s.
- Maintain records in cloud-based system.
- Keep on file in coordination with church administrator contracts with service providers.
- Prepare a yearly budget draft for review and approval by budget committee and session.
- Respond to church member inquiries as questions and concerns arise.
- Prepare year-end financial reports for annual meeting.
- Complete work comp audit annually
- Perform other necessary and related work as may be assigned.
EVALUATION: Initial review at 6 months, and subsequent reviews annually by the Personnel Committee with Pastor as Head of Staff. Input from the Budget and Finance Committee will be sought as well. The Personnel Committee will annually review the adequacy of compensation.
COMPENSATION: Approx. 5-10 hrs/week (fluctuates with annual report, stewardship drive, and end of year, etc). $22/hr