- It’s PRIDE month, and our popular “God’s Doors are Open to Everyone” will be re-installed outside the church. Come enjoy them as you enjoy the beautiful new art installations around downtown, and send us pictures!
- Our church accountant, Brett Bahr, took a new job, and we wish him well. We are also thrilled to say the position has been filled with Naomi Wolf! You’ll hear more about her in the July Communicator, but please join us in welcoming her to our FPC family!
- Because of some generous giving, rent checks coming in, and a creative Session, we are reworking our budget to create a full-time position beginning July 1 for a Director of Outreach & Faith Formation! The Session is thrilled to invite Bailey to step into this position that expands her role and helps us continue to grow. Congrats, Bailey, and thanks for all you do!
- Again at Session we joyfully accepted another new member into the FPC family. We now have about 20 people waiting and excited to officially join us in worship, and have already joined us in the life and ministry of FPC – thanks be to God!
- The Communications Team has been working hard with our very own Roberta Jensen collecting, praying, discerning, and creating as they worked on a new mission statement and logo, and the Session adopted it! It’s coming at ya in the Communicator, so get excited!
We’ve got a lot of momentum, and it’s clear to see that God is working in and through the saints of First Presbyterian Church – even when we cannot physically be all together. Thanks to all of our leaders for dreaming big, discerning where God’s love and justice meet, and reaching out to be a source of help and hope to our community and beyond!
What a privilege, delight, and honor to get to love and serve and lead y’all!
Peace be yours,
The Greater Mankato Diversity Council is leading a march at 3:00 pm Saturday from the Veterans Memorial Bridge to the Intergovernmental Center (near church). Pastor Lindsay and other faith/community leaders have been asked to take part, so come find her and let us show love for our neighbors.
All businesses (including churches) are required to have a protocol for this strange season of COVID-19. With a big thanks to Lynnette, we have a working protocol, and it can be viewed HERE. Note, committees can meet in the church as necessary starting July 1, but these are some rules and regulations we must follow to keep everyone safe. Click HERE for the guidelines. Call the church office with any questions or to set up a meeting. Most importantly, be kind, be well, and be safe.
Church flowers are not being purchased at this time as they normally were. However, our friends at Becky’s Floral are willing to deliver Sunday flowers for us again to some of our beloved that are isolated these days. If you would like to contribute to the flower fund, please make your check out to the church and include “flower fund” in the memo (or in the memo line in your online giving). Bouquet + delivery is $30.
ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL IS ON ZOOM
Join us throughout the summer! This is a great time to try out Adult Sunday School! We can’t wait to see you Sunday mornings at 8:30! Register in advance for the Sunday School ZOOM meeting HERE. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
JOIN US SUNDAY MORNINGS FOR WORSHIP ON FACEBOOK!
Remember to join us LIVE each Sunday at facebook.com/FPCmankato for worship with Pastor Lindsay at 10:00 am, Puppet Story Time with Bailey at 10:20 am and Music with Ben at 10:30 am. If you are unable to watch live, you can always access recordings of all of the above at fpcmankato.org/virtualchurch.